Saturday, December 19, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Oh SUFFRAGETTE, preview screenings (advance screenings, whatever you like to call it, although is it advance when the film was released early September in the UK) the weekend of Star Wars opening. Someone distributor must have forgot to check the release schedule as this weekend is about one film and it's definitely not Suffragette.

Now this is NOT a positive review at all and I will struggle to write much about this poorly made, dull and at times just bewilderingly bad film which had such potential. Not to mention the usual of Ms Meryl Streep for a mere 5 minutes.



I am all for women's rights and particularly the right to vote, but make me believe it in a more interesting way. Carey Mulligan was fine as the lead and Helen Bonham Carter was almost normal in a film, but overall the main things I took away from this film were the facts before the credits at the end of the film.

I was super disappointed after not being to the cinema in over a week to come out of the movies thinking, what a shitty ending and why did they make this film that way.

So to set it up something big happens and movie basically ends, no explanation, no conclusion and just some bullet points and voting facts and figures to conclude a rather dull and dark affair.

I can't seeing this pulling in any cash over the Summer at the box office, a truly average film if ever I have seen one, 1 lonely and bored star for Helen, Meryl & Carey.

No comments: