Wednesday, December 30, 2015

When the City clears out in the Post Christmas Pre NYE No Mans Lands continues in Sydney


Sydney is dreamy in and around Christmas time/Post Christmas time, so it always astounds me when someone tells me, "We're leaving the city this Christmas". Once Christmas is done and dusted the city just clears, in Chippendale here where I blog the streets are clear, the parking is easy and all the small hipster cafes are shut.

Why would I choose to take holidays from this lovely City spot when holidaying all around the nation are families and large groups, no thanks give me the peace of this City anytime.

I love Sydney (sometimes I have an affair with my families Central Coast home) however for the most part I actually like Sydney. I have a great gym (also quiet at the moment but still sufficient eye candy), I have great friends, the food is fucking amazing, there are great outdoor spots and cinemas are everywhere, heaven.

Sydney in Summer or the no mans land between Christmas and that other horrid night filled with expectations and let downs New Years, there is no better place to live.

I always countdown to Boxing Day and the day everyone heads North, South, West, East just not in the City unless they are at Pitt Street Mall, BORING.

Shortly during this dreamy period I will bring you another Boxing Day film review ahead of my new 2016 movie review segment, That Movie Gay 2016. Coming Early 2016 I will give you a no holds bar review of every film I take in, in the new year.

Until tomorrow or soon, Happy Holidays.

No comments: