Friday, December 25, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Where does one begin with STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, after years of hype, years of anticipation I was for one so excited to have been patient enough to have waited an entire week to see the first of the new trilogy in LUX (Hoyts version of Gold Class) on Christmas Eve. What a Christmas treat!



The only thing that for me was sad, was the ending, this could have gone on at least another hour and I hate long movies, y'all know that by now.

So I don't want to spoil this for anyone who has waited to see this for a special occasion of like me just wanted to have nice seats.

This is amazing, it topped my list for the best hyped film for 2015, a tie for my best film of 2015 and really it could have been a tie with the Walk for the best 3D movie, yes 3D is great for Star Wars.

This film is doing such big business and all we can do now is countdown until May 26, 2017 for the next instalment. The third in the new trilogy is also set for May 2019, so in the next few years Star Wars is going to break box office records 3 out of 5 years.

The marketing/release team did the best job ever releasing this ahead of Boxing Day (not that their is any competition) and New Years Day films. After my One Star review of the truly dreadful Suffragette (I love women but girl power is 10 times better than this!) the only film I can say I am looking forward to is Joy. I have seen the trailer 67 times and I hated the look of it at the start but when I realised the only other films this Boxing Day were:

Alvin & the Chipmunks (The Road Chip)
Daddy's Home
The Good Dinosaur
Suffragette

So it's not really any competition in that lot to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This film is a tour de force, not only is it movie ticket/DVD sales, toy sales, soundtrack sales, costume and clothing merch sales but this film has spread like wild fire. The amount of folks wearing/dressed in Star Wars merch lately is mad. I lose count of how many folks are getting around in the Force is with You stuff.

I love it and the dam have done an amazing job. This took me back to my childhood with the original films. My favourite Return of the Jedi and I just pray for more Ewoks in coming sequels.

This film to me is perfect in every sense of the word perfect. It's event cinema/movie at it's best, it's Gold Class perfection, it's a million light years ahead of recent blockbusters Spectre and Hunger Gamer, it's just brilliant.

For me Star Wars in the current film climate is an easy 5 Star film. Just brilliant, I will be going again this Summer loved it sick!

So there you go no spoilers, a random Christmas rant about the state of the latest releases and a flawless score, so get out there, avoid the Boxing Day sales and continue to grow Star Wars sensational box office.

Happy Holidays xo

No comments: