Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


What the fuck is with me seeing films with sea in the title this week, so it's time to find us BY THE SEA.



Oh Brad, oh Angelina, this movie is beautiful but my oh my is it dull. The idea of an unhappy couple in a beautiful setting does sound off putting but it sucked me in. And can I just say straight up Brad Pitt is looking brilliant for a 51 year old man. And Angelina wearing the most camp and over the top clothes ever.

Ok so this is set seaside, Angelina is always completely dressed to the 9's. Her outfits would make Lady Gaga gush and when she finally loosens up, that woman is just stunning (a little skinning, but stunning all the same).

So this film, it's way too long, at times painful sitting through scenes of nothingness but the scenery again is just divine. France just looked so stunning and after the recent events in Paris it was beautiful to see this stunning country on show.

Look it wasn't great but it was a damn sight better than In the Heart of the Sea (review below) that I saw on Monday (opening tomorrow, with what looks like on the Hoyts website limited screenings, box office bomb here we come).

By the Sea, 2.5 Stars for Brad Pitt's sexy chest on show and Angelina's camp wardrobe, oh and the French scenery.

No comments: