Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Australian Music Month - Must Close this Sunday


No further extensions possible, until maybe April???

Sales speak over, yes Australian Music Month departs this Sunday as I cannot believe it January comes to a quick close. February is here Monday and then we move into Easter ahead of another Aussie tradition, Anzac Day.

Controversially I was a little over Anzac Day last year, however this year April for me might be all about local Australian Music releases, that will be on my other BLOG Flashing off the Record as I have a HUGE movie schedule this week (and beyond).

Yesterday I announced the BRILLIANT Hermitude as my Australian Album of 2015.


Dark Night Sweet Light was such a brilliant release, they were amazing live and I just love there hardworking, touring and great outlook on life. Brilliant stuff boys and such a fun Summer album.

Next yesterday I announced my second round of killer songs in 2015, Major Lazer, MO and DJ Snake's 2015 anthem was my Number One.


Over on Triple J, they gave there Hottest track to former Unearthed champions the Rubens, for their track Hoops.

I am going to enjoy their 200 - 101 list this Sunday from 10am. My votes in this years hottest 100 were as follows:

YeoIcarus
Cosmo's MidnightWalk With Me {Ft. KUCKA}
SiaAlive
Jamie xxI Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) {Ft. Young Thug/Popcaan}
Jamie xxLoud Places {Ft. Romy}
Kendrick LamarThese Walls {Ft. Bilal/Anna Wise/Thundercat}
KelelaRewind
IllySwear Jar
HermitudeSearchlight {Ft. Yeo}
GoldLinkSpectrum

So as you can tell only 4 of my 10 made it in the countdown, I also totally forgot to vote for Disclosure and a number of other tracks/artists. So here is hoping some of my other cuts will make it in. I must say I was surprised when the The Rubens took out the top spot.

Still to come on Flashing off the Record, a list of the Top 20 Dance Singles of 2015 this Sunday evening, a FRESH Friday countdown on Friday and more hits and memories from my 200 BEST songs of 2015.

What a great year for music 2015 was, let's hope 2016 is just as great. If Rufus and Sia's new albums are anything to go by 2016 will be great again for Australian music. PS Sia's new album has leaked.

No comments: