Friday, January 22, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


Brilliance at this cinema this week has now struck three times, today with ROOM. Advance screenings at selected cinemas this weekend ahead of opening in Australia next Thursday ROOM is a must-see, if you are slow, a MUST SEE!



Brie Larson does not just shit on Cate's performance in Carol, she demands the Oscar this year for the best female actress. She is beyond outstanding. Jacob Tremblay brought me to tears on more than one occasion.

The entire film is simply brilliant and there is no mistaking this is an award winning film with an extremely talented cast, brilliant script and it is done beautifully.

If you see one film this Summer, I have to say SEE ROOM!

The story is simple, but so well done, the interaction between mother and son is so touching, their relationship is so special and so real. I was on the edge of my seat a number of times, compelled for the entire 117 minutes and will not stop talking about this film for months to come.

It's so refreshing to see a compelling and engaging drama that beyond lives up to it's hype. The worst thing about awards season is films getting too much hype but in reality the film does not live up to half the hype.

ROOM is really one of those films you walk out of the cinema thinking, shit some movies just make me feel happy to be where I am at, great family, great friends, great partner and family in laws, healthy, not super smart or super rich but I get by. Room is just amazing and I can't hold back, 5 glowing shiny bright fat stars.

No comments: