Saturday, January 16, 2016

WORST SUMMER EVA - but it's Australian Music Month...


With over 176mm of rain soaking the CBD this far this month it's looking like a bleak, cold and mostly wet Sydney this January. As we have now gone halfway through January 2016 we are now midway through the worst Summer I can remember, actually November (Spring) was more fun in the Sun (I know I was in Bali for half of November) but Sydney's November was heaven compared to now.

Working outdoors currently and exploring the city regular I can feel a since of Sydneysiders being seek of carrying around umbrellas, packing jumpers and having loads of shoes drying (or attempting to) on cramped balconies across the (usually) sun soaked Summer city.

But it's not all doom and gloom for those back at work (SUCKERS) or slowly getting back into formalities for 2016 it's almost time for another public holiday and it would be totally un-Australian not to make a four day weekend of the Tuesday public holiday Australia Day celebration.

And on my music blog I have been exploring excellence in Australian Music and now I am halfway through my ten nominations for the Australian Album of 2015.

So far the below albums have made the cut as my BEST OF 2015.


Another five nominations will be unveiled from Monday on Flashing off the Record. You can view more about these five albums and view the 20 biggest charting Australian songs released (or re-released) in 2015 tomorrow evening.

Snakehips holds the biggest track of the week, this week with their tune "All My Friends" featuring Chance the Rapper and Tinashe who is starting a world tour and making a wee stop at Sydney's Enmore Theatre soon.

Australia is spitting out some great new music and only this morning this Aussie gem from Sydney bedroom banger FLUME.



PS - LANGUAGE WARNING on the first Flume song with some dirty F-bombs!!!

That's it kids, at least it's sunny on the old Central Coast xo

No comments: