Friday, January 1, 2016

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Ok so I start my That Movie Gay #2016 reviews with films actually released in 2016 and valid to be in my end of year Best Movies of 2016 list. So to one of the 2015 Boxing Day films, it's time to hear about DADDY'S HOME.



Again nowhere near as bad as Suffragette (yes I have a complex about this film) but nowhere near as good as Joy, it's Boxing Day 2015 film against Boxing Day 2015 film.

I love Mark Wahlberg, don't really dig Will Ferrell so this was tricky, Mark is hot as a 44 year old hunk of burning love, Will at 48 could easily be mistaken as a mid 50's dull, uninspired and rather irritating older uncle you can't bear seeing at family get togethers.

Look we have all seen this rather lame school holiday pictures and I mean it is so obvious where this film will go, where it won't (with a PG rating) and why the studios continue to pop out these easy to market, easy to sit through (mostly) family friendly outings.

So with all it's bad points there are some good, it's super easy to watch (as I said above), it's rather cute in parts, Mark is dreamy when he takes his shirt off and Mr Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale is great in his small role.

Nothing new here, nothing groundbreaking but a passable and at times lightly amusing 2.5 Holiday Family Friendly Stars.

No comments: