Wednesday, January 6, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


I said on Christmas I would return to see STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS and continue to grow that out of control box office and yesterday was the day. This time no LUX, this time no 3D, yes it was the basic 2D version and still as good as the first time I saw it. (HERE)

You can click above to see the trailer and read my initial thoughts but really and truly this is a one of a kind series. In a year (2016) of super hero and revivals on the way, it is great to see a film of this nature to actually deliver.

I enjoyed Point Break the other day and honestly I love a super hero film, but one nearly every month, Deadpool next month, Batman V Superman March, potentially Captain America March/April and on TV Netflix will serve up the second series of Daredevil as well as new series Luke Cage. ABC (US) will also have more Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D and Agent Carter and Gotham, Supergirl, Arrow, the Flash and Legends of Tomorrow wrap up the DC comics.

So with so much sci-fi fantasy out there you need a movie like this to cut through. I am so excited for the spin off Star Wars film this year Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Apparently due to come out December 16 (a year on from The Force Awakens) this will ease the pain of waiting for the next episode.

Star Wars has had a comeback that can only be compared to if Madonna ever releases another album worth listening to. After those critical panned and not huge box office success prequels this is massive for the franchise.

Well done Star Wars I can see this running at least until February. Good news however we are not out of the holiday season the Tina Fey and Amy Poehler movie Sisters is out tomorrow as is the Leo and Tom Hardy pic The Revenant. Finally some new movies on the way after a less than exciting holiday period.

Star Wars go see it now, or again, brilliant, I wasn't wrong the first time it's a nostalgic 5 Star film.

No comments: