Sunday, April 24, 2016

SunYAY - One more day of the weekend!


The Sunday Afternoon Blues are not a thing this weekend, yes it's a time to remember for some but for many this long weekend could not come soon enough:

1. A League Semi Finals
2. More regular sporting rounds than you can poke a stick at
3. Beyonce's HBO Lemonade "thing"
4. More HBO: New seasons of Veep, Silicon Valley and the HBO giant Game of Thrones commence
5. New music galore from Flume (Wall Fuck, Say it {Feat. Tove Lo and the AlunaGeorge track "I Remember")
6. The world remembers Prince
7. USA election campaign continues, Australian election campaign continues to excite... NO ONE
8. News sites around the world struggle to mix Prince tributes, actual news and sports updates.

All this going on and I saw my first musical since the interval departure (along with former QLD premier Anna Bligh) at Anything Goes. Yes I sat through Ghost - the Musical yesterday and aside from Rob Mills understudy issues I enjoyed the musical in parts.

Some of the songs are forgettable and the choreography is down right horrid but all in all, it's the best thing I have seen at the Theatre Royal in a decade. That said the venue has been said to be "the venue where shows go to die a slow and painful death".

I caught up with a friend from boot camp who is equally one of the smartest and most interesting people I know. Not only this she writes a killer email.

I am almost up to date on all my shows and I have to say the Blacklist is easily the most improved returning show this season. Out doing The 100, The Flash, The Americans, American Horror Story by a long shot, the Blacklist was a hard series to watch throughout season 2. The show became predictable, way too formulaic and at times so violent for US network TV the envelope got pushed almost as much as the gory Hannibal.

I have never understood American TV, violence for days but sex, nudity and swearing - HELL NO

Weird.

Next I got a fitness program with my new lady at the gym, I like it and hope my MOVE THIS MAY campaign sees me complete it and I get down to 14% body fat. That is a publicly set goal.

I have completed two fitness goals this year already and in the coming weeks I will share some new ones with you lovely readers and help you may set/achieve a wee fitness goal.

Anyway how blissful it is to be Noon(ish) on Sunday and have another whole half the long weekend to come.

Lest we Forget but lest we forget to plan for the future, get out and lose contact with our devices for a moment this weekend.

A new film review coming tomorrow BTW

No comments: