Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Big comeback Countdown with a couple BIG reveals!


A BIG night is set up by a BIG set of top 20 tunes below with two newbies and some more new hits to warm your ear drums tonight below:


20 - British India - I Can Make You Love Me



19 - Azealia Banks - 212
18 - Florence and the Machine - Seven Devils



17 - The Killers - Runaways
16 - Chiddy Bang - Mind Your Manners
15 - Marina & the Diamonds - Primadonna
14 - Florence and the Machine - Never Let Me Go
13 - 360 - Child
12 - Temper Trap - Trembling Hands
11 - The xx - Angels
10 - No Doubt - Settle Down
9 - Fun ft. Janelle Manae - We Are Young
8 - Ed Sheeran - Drunk
7 - The Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling
6 - Ed Sheeran - Lego House
5 - Coldplay - Princess of China
4 - Florence and the Machine - Spectrum (Calvin Harris MIX)
3 - Missy Higgins - Everyone's Waiting
2 - Rudimental - Feel the Love (Feat. John Newman)
1 - Fun. - Some Nights

Also singles to watch for next week or just plain tracks doing the rounds on other peoples stereos/slash i devices:

Calvin Harris - We'll Be Coming Back ft. Example (he just keeps killing it!):



They're BACK!



360 keeps em coming with "Run Alone":



Now for my EP of 2012, yes it's not even August but one woman has excelled in releasing four anthems for my workouts, my walks, my random round the house dances and more, it's none other than Splendour in the Grass virgin Ms Azealia Banks. Her debut EP 1991 features four killer songs, "Liquorice", "1991" "212" & "Van Vogue". The EP is described as Hip House my new favourite genre and I just love all four cuts so much from this dope as EP. I don't think even Carly Rae Jepsen EP "Curiosity" comes close to this mega EP effort by Banks.


Azealia Banks takes out my EP of the year an award which I don't think existed till now, but hey, enjoy a sample of it below and as always with Ms Banks LANGUAGE WARNING



Now to the BIG nomination for the album of the year I have been going on about all week so without further ado joining the Hilltop Hoods and "Drinking from the Sun" it's


Yes her album "The Ol’ Razzle Dazzle" is perfect, it's greatly crafted pop songs with words written and felt by the singer. I saw her live show earlier this year and it had some of my live moments of 2012. She has also just announced a new tour so get along to see her live and you won't be disappointed.

The album has had no clear hit until "Everybody's Waiting" has climbed up the iTunes chart and finally shown the album is ace. Other tracks on the album which really stand out are, "Cooling of the Embers", "If I'm Honest", "Unashamed Desire", "Sweet Arms of a Tune", Set Me On Fire" & "Hello Hello". An album well worth checking out and surprise you can do so below:



Okay so that now means two very different albums up for my album of the year, will it be the Hilltop Hoods or Mistress Higgins? Or will my next nomination be the winner, only time will tell and you hitting up my BLOG again in coming months. The big album of the year will be posted on Boxing Day so check back on Wednesday December 26th for this years winner, last year it was Goyte and the year before Washington.

Okay till tomorrow when I will review The Duchess Of Malfi running @ the Opera House until August 5.

No comments: