Thursday, July 26, 2012

@ DA Theatre - Variant {PREVIEW}


How can a group of misfits fit together and dance up a storm for around or close to or just over 60 minutes?  Well when there are all shapes + sizes really easy and with a sparse set with freedom to move around the case of Variant progress around the stage and through various costumes to dance up a storm.

It's a truly interesting piece and it can't be measured against anything else I have ever seen as I haven't seen much live dance, however this has inspired me to catch more.  And that's got to be a good thing, or maybe I will just tune in to go for team Kelly on "Everybody Dance Now" (yes another reality show, just when you thought Ten couldn't fit anymore on the schedule), so actually on that ad break for this review.

Channel Ten Reality Show roll call:

Masterchef
Junior Masterchef
Class Of..
Masterchef All Stars
The Shire
Being Lara Bingle

And that's just prime time, who knows what they sneak in during the day and on the graveyard slot and remember still to come "I will Survive".

Okay in a roundabout why back to the show and reality is something you won't see in Variant, an interesting dance piece and you can find more info here

It's hard to give this a star rating but I have to keep my tough standard so I will go for 3 dance like yo naked stars.

No comments: