Tuesday, July 31, 2012

@ the Movies - Double Feature


Okay so first up SPOILER ALERT!

I caught two films over the past few days, a massive blockbuster and an indie
Aussie film with heaps of heart.

I will start with the blockbuster cause the Aussie film was a repeat screening.

So finally I waited till OZ to see The Dark Knight Rises, the marketing around the world for this film is insane but it doesn't really need the marketing support as it was always going to be big and always going to be a good film.  The Dark Knight was a terrific film which Heath Ledger owned.

This film has so much going on and it is supposed to be the final in this Christopher Nolan trilogy however I am pretty sure this film leaves more unanswered questions than it does answers.  I mean I want MORE!  The ending was so BIG and epic the only thing you know is Bane the main bad dude is finally gone.


So was it as good as all the reviews + hype?  Yes are the unanswered questions at the end annoying? Yes + no, I am sure even though Nolan wants nothing to do with this someone else with create a new film and it will be great.

Batman is forever, people love this and now these films have taken an awesome turn Batman is now way bigger than ever.

The whole cast in this film shine, especially my all time favourite Joesph Gordon Levitt as John Blake (SPOILER AKA Robin - WTF!)



He is seriously only getting better looking with age!

Then there is Anne Hathaway who is totally bearable as the good/bad Selena Kyle aka Catwoman.  But not in a saggy Halle Berry kinda way.

The movie is just great I can't say enough about it, it's epic, the action is on a massive scale, the ending is a bit?  But anyway all I can say is I want more and I want it soon, this film was massive and will be one of the biggest films of 2012 and maybe of all time.  The unfortunate events in America have given this film a bit of a bad rap especially given the films violent nature.

So it's star rating, well it has to be high cause well this was a pretty big masterpiece, star studded, well acted, awesome action scenes and well developed characters and story lines that went all the way back to the first film and they also threw some Aussies into the mix.  All I can say is well done Nolan, Bale and the team, wicked movie yes 5 STARS!

And next up the Aussie film with a lot of heart


Click on the above poster for my earlier review but at least this time I caught the entire film (well just I had 2 minutes to spare, what is it with this film and being late LOL).

Ryan Kwanten is just great (event those the True Blood season 5 is a little, you know!) and he makes this movie his own.

I recommend seeing this film at the pictures before it's too late and see the real sights of Sydney up on the big screen.

Well I ain't giving it another star review cause you can view the old review for now.

So that's it, hopefully Magic Mike is next, can't wait for that one.

So go out & see a picture, it's tight ass Tuesday!

No comments: