Monday, July 30, 2012

@ DA Theatre - The Duchess of Malfi


Before this year I could count the number of Shakespeare experiences I had on one hand or maybe even one finger, then 2012 came around and I have experienced not one but two Shakespeare plays in almost a matter of months.

This month it was time for a trip to Sydney's iconic Opera House to see The Duchess of Malfi.

I knew very little of the story which was good to see the ushers handing around a brief overview of the story (I know Spoiler alert but hey!) which always helps with this dialogue as sometimes you sit there going WTF!

Anyway after spilling tea all over my keyboard, I must say this was a bit spooky, but damn fine.

The show runs at the intimate and very lovely Playhouse until Sunday so get along and see a bit of a tragedy but be warned there is some bum nudity!  OHHHHHH

3.5 Stars

No comments: