Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm Back and so is tha Musica!


So holiday times are over (sad face) but life moves on as does the wonderful world of music.  This BLOG looks at lot at music and a bit at my holidays, so now one is over it's time to look back @ Music and get back into the cinema.

So I will quickly recap on the fact that turning 30 and experiencing so many amazing cultures and countries all under two weeks was so amazing, however now at 3:30am and catching up on Q&A I missed whilst away I am one Jet lagged gay.

Can I just say travel and experiencing new things and new places is one of the greatest gifts we have, if you want to spice up your life can I suggest hanging out with a lady boy in Platinum Mall @ Bangkok, strolling through the beautiful countryside in our motherland the UK (@ Scotland), sipping a coffee and watching the crowd pass in the summer in Spain or experiencing the wonder that is Ramadan in a Muslim country and watching the sunset @ a man made beach in Dubai, life is great and I don't want to get on my high horse but Australia get out and see the world, after watching the great ABC2 series Dumb, Drunk & Racist, I think exposure to the world to people (mainly who appear on the series the Shire) would greatly assistance tolerance and some humanity back into this great country. 

Okay so my Aussie pride is always exposed through my love of Australian music from dance to indie classics to straight out old fashion cock rock, I am pleased to announce come this coming weekend I have another BLOG album of the year nod to give and it's oh so Australian.

So to the music I missed whilst away and some I discovered while away is varied and I can only thinking of listening to BBC One drive through Scotland in an amazing M Class Merc (only 20km on this luxury hire car) was hearing the big sounds of Knife Party's epic tune "Bonfire" and how great it was to hear an Aussie tune on British radio:



I am not a huge fan of Knife Party and I find them a little bit novelty but I do enjoy this tune.

Next up, from well yes you guessed it Scotland is Mr Calvin Harris (my first super producer in a soon to be revisited mega series) is back and the new album is set to drop in October (TBA) has now teamed up with Example for this new one and it's a BANGER!



Out of Las Vegas comes the new one from the Killers, not sure on this one yet so have a listen for yourself:



Bloc Party are also leading the big band new singles of recent weeks (we saw Green Day release a new track, the xx, The Killers above - it's BIG band time y'all):



From the otherside of this country Tame Impala are back on the scene:



Illy has turned out another Aussie Hip Hop anthem with a little hand from Pez:



And No Doubt after much discussion are back with this one:



More music coming up soon, a new BLOG album of the year nod, a new 20 countdown on Sunday and hopefully I get off to see Dark Knight Rises soon.

No comments: