Tuesday, August 14, 2012

TV Wars - Round Two (ACA = Australian Cultural Ambassadors)


So it was night two of the BIG new shows and let's face it after a forty five minute POWER SPIN class I was ready, I was excited for some Big Brother for some more Everybody Dance Now and some hard hitting current affairs (oh wait I'll come back to ACA) Q&A.

So I am keeping a tally of how the networks are performing and I will unveil this at the end of this post.

So first up the writer on the SMH site who wrote about Everybody Dance Now, yes it wasn't perfect, yes Murdoch is not a great host but lady, you can say something is shit in a couple of paragraphs not an essay and attacking the ad's scheduled? Lady let your fingers do the walking whilst reading 50 Shades of Gray.



So yes I am all for Everybody Dance Now even after night two, mainly because Big Brother (like Dance Now - terrible host), such an anti climax. I found this so lame and lacklustre, your ad's where so grand, the revival so exciting and then at 7pm after ACA, well I was thinking, this won't last the full three months unless it's on GEM or GO. So Channel Ten 1, Channel Nine 0, and Channel Seven, you'll get your chance when I catch up on The Amazing Race Australia (which has been great thus far) later this week.

But to the low light of the night, how can older Australia's ask for younger children to be accepting and non judgemental when I kid you not this was the promo for tomorrow night's dreamy episode of the Redneck Wonderland edition of ACA "Tomorrow night a woman tells of how her husband went shopping and returned with an Asian Mail Order Bride".

So on that note I am waiting with baited breathe to see how the ACA story goes down as I was struck down with laughter that this is a current affair when there is a serious issue of immigration, house prices, global warming, violent attacks after hours but mail order brides and racist attacks, that gets the good old fashioned racist Channel Nine viewers going.  Shame on you Channel Nine, I feel a prank call coming on.

1 comment:

Randy Andy's Weak in Review said...

OMG so ACA Channel 9's racism half hour now on. Poor old Mildred, to the soundtrack of Goyte's "Somebody that You Used to Know" followed by his hit "Heart's a Mess", oh Goyte I bet your unhappy about this exposure. OMG Mildred is a better and more intriguing Channel 9 personality than the 2012 Big Brother housemate. "What sort of Magic those women have we don't have" - LOVES IT! Oh ACA you really are a pack of racist morans, maybe Tracey G needs to go to Thailand so someone can make her banana cry cause as Gordon Ramasy said that bitch is one sour old mole.