Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


The deeply disturbing film from my weekend of movie going had to be FOXCATCHER. The multiple nominated film for performances by Steve Carell, Mark Ruffalo & Channing Tatum & the film in general to me was good, however extremely drawn out and slow moving.



Look don't get me wrong I enjoyed the film (well I did more after two toilet breaks) however I just found this extremely drawn out and the long stares between Carell and almost everyone nearly did my head in.

The true story element of the film stays with you long after you leave the cinema and you can see exactly why the actors are slaying it at the Awards season this year. That said Julianne Moore in Still Alice is still my queen. And that's after a three film weekend.

Tatum as well to me I struggled with, after watching the Magic Mike XXL preview this week I found myself hoping and wishing he would do the full monty in one of his wrestling kits. It's no wonder so many gays have fantasies about wresting cause right now all I could think of was Tatum and another Foxcatcher team member having some private time to a Stevie Wonder classic.


Yeah that's right.

OK before I get too silly this is a true (crime) story and mostly a horrific story of a crazed rich man and his decent into madness.

Look if you have a spare few hours to kill and you feel like watching some amazing acting, this is for you, if you want some light fluff, Kingsman: The Secret Service or Mortdecai could be more your cup of tea.

Foxcatcher is a good film, just needs some swift editing, 3 Stars.

No comments: