Wednesday, February 11, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


What can I say about THE GAMBLER, starring one of my favourite all time singer turned actors Marky Mark. I mean Mark Wahlberg. Also starring one of my all time favourite American Horror Story stars Ms Jessica Lange. However seeing John Goodman minus a shirt a few times in the film was a little distressing, that said let's check out the trailer together...



Apologies John Goodman was shirtless in that trailer too.

Oh well to my review of sorts. I had read a few reviews, seen little marketing for the movie (let's be honest in the world of films right now, it's 50 Shades or bust - right??)and had been told not to expect too much so with low expectations I actually came out enjoying this drama.

Despite the fact the drama was nothing like what we saw on 7:30 or Q&A this week.




Why the hell am I agreeing with Alan Jones now??? Next thing I know I will end up seeing the musical Anything Goes... Actually that looks totally suboptimal so let's take that back.

Back to the drama, you never really care too much about Wahlberg (I was wanting more skin) his character is low and uninspired and his teaching style for the other side of his character was frightful.

Look it's a busy time at the cinema at this time of the year so I would suggest if you up for a marathon, maybe do Still Alice, Kingsman and then the Gambler. Leave 50 Shades for a few weeks as reportedly it's sold over 50,000 advance tickets. That be cray!

Ok so what do I give it out of five, it had promise and I didn't love Foxcatcher and gave it three stars so I am sticking with that as my score for movies I like, but don't love. 3 Stars for hunky Mark as he continues to age well and Jessica Lange, damn baby doll you are FAB x

No comments: