Thursday, February 19, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


After 50 Shades I desperately wanted to see a good film, a film with an intelligent amazing woman, not some lame ass Uni student working at a hardware store then dancing to Rihanna's S&M beat, so when WILD had been in my diary for months to check out at St George Open Air Cinema I was beside myself.



Holy fuck balls this movie was good and Reese Witherspoon's production company is off to an AMAZING start!

Pacific Standard were behind Gone Girl and Wild there second effort starring 50% of the all girl power team at Pacific Standard is another gold star winning film.

Based on the true life of Cheryl Strayed and her walk across the monster track the Pacific Crest Trail Wild is a joy, I left inspired and happy that in dark times even something amazing can happen.

After hitting rock bottom and her mother passing suddenly (played beautifully by Laura Dern) Witherspoon sets off on the Pacific Crest Trail. It looks like such a great personal experience, I would love to do it less the camping. Walking thorough the wilderness, being alone with ones thoughts is my dream and nightmare all rolled into one.

This movie was PERFECT at St George Open Air with bats flying over us the sounds of the Botanic Gardens in the background, pure bliss.

I had an amazing time and just loved every minute of this film. With the incoming Academy Awards it's no wonder Witherspoon and Dern are up for big awards.

If you get a chance this weekend go WILD and experience this truly life changing moment for Strayed and Witherspoon getting that career back on track. 4.5 Stars.

No comments: