Tuesday, November 8, 2011

4 days till I go Bonkers in Honkers

Number 4 in things that make me BONKERS:

Loud talkers on the trains/Loud thugs on the train

So on the weekend I had the glorious task of catching a train on a Saturday night, NOT!

Why do people immediately grab their phones and start a loud conversation where every second word is fuck or he is a c#$%. The trains are for quiet time or restrained conversation between two people, OMG how old I am.



So if you are going to work somewhere on a train today, SHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now we are into the top 40 I am going to countdown 40 inspirational artists as well to get me up to Hong Kong and a bit of Bangkok.

Number 4 is:

Kelis

Okay now it is into the serious and artists and Kelis has been banging around now since 1999 when her first massive track that screamed take notice of me or else was released "Caught out There", her next Neptunes produced single wasn't as big but it was a massive favourite of mine and still is to this day "Good Stuff".

Her first album "Kaleidoscope" did quite well, her second "Wanderland" really didn't hit the same highs only one single "Young, Fresh n' New" was released.

It was when "Tasty" was released Kelis hit a career high with her monster smash "Milkshake" followed by the equally terrific single "Trick Me".

Her fourth album "Kelis was Here" had moderate success while in her fifth album Kelis became a disco/dance dvia.

Kelis is to this day one of the best live acts I have seen (at this year's terrific Good Vibes Festival) and has been doing it for over a decade now. She has worked with the Neptunes as mentioned before, Calvin Harris, Benny Benassi, Clipse, Busta Rhymes and many others.



If you love Kelis like I do you will love this next track, happy Tuesday!

No comments: