Thursday, November 17, 2011

Film Freak 2011 - Tower Heist

I love the movies in Bangkok and not just because it's an escape form the heat but because it is an experience, it's what the movies should be and lacks in Australia. They also have a tribute before each movie to their beloved King. If there was a tribute to either Julia Gillard or the Queen in Australia no one would stand or care, they would boo but in Thailand the entire audience gets up from their reclining seats and removes there blanket and up they get.

Yes you get a blanket in the movies as it's so blinking cold in there! LOL

So now after that rather long intro the movie...

So the seats are a little too comfy and after shopping, shopping shopping that day I must say I did fall asleep which is strange as it was an okay movie and the last movie I drifted off during was the woeful Dreamgirls.

So this stars an all star cast, Ben Stiller (Average Performance), Eddie Murphy (Hardly in the bits I was awake for), Tea Leoni (Boy her career has really gone nowhere much lately!), Matthew Broderick (Mr Sarah Jessica Parker) and the lovely and always awesome Gabourey Sidibe.

So it had all the right stuff but a Crime Comedy, doesn't really sit right with me, so overall it had some laugh out loud moments and I definately think Casey Affleck should not follow his brother into these B Grade films. He is better than that, way better,

So I give it three stars mainly for the lovely Thai Experience

No comments: