Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bless this Mess it's Lisa Mitchell + Alpine


Australian music is really healthy @ present is along the lines of what Lisa Mitchell announced to a near full Metro Theatre last night.  And she was right with an ace double header of her fine self and Alpine straight outta Melbourne.

So I got to see both sets in full and I must say Alpine's album, A is for Alpine has been one of my favourite indie Aussie debuts this year.


The album features lot's of great sing a longs and it looked like the majority of the fans that night were there to see both awesome up and coming Aussies.

The two lead females works oh so well in Alpine's case with some killer tunes including "Hands", "Seeing Red" & my favourite "Gasoline", such a killer tune!

So Alpine were ace and next was Ms Lisa Mitchell who I loved Wonder and I really want to love Bless this Mess.



I haven't heard much from the album as I have been a little busy and listening to new albums has kinda gone out the window lately.  However the two singles are awesome, I loved "Spiritus" and "Bless this Mess" is classic Lisa Mitchell at her best.

The set played out well, with old songs in there, new songs in there and an encore featuring "Coin Laundry" and "Neapolitan Dreams", two of her most famous tunes.

It was with "Clean White Love" & "Oh Hark!" I was most excited, her album Wonder was so terrific, for a debut it had so much heart and so much promise.

Lisa is proving to be an Aussie force to reckon with.  Australian music is in a good little spot right now and to showcase this to you here is the current (right now) top 10 Aussie tunes (that are acceptable to the ears) on iTunes right this second:

10 - Missy Higgins - Everyone's Waiting
9 - Flume - Sleepless
8 - Sans Cisco - Wild Things
7 - Grinspoon - Passerby
6 - The Temper Trap - Trembling Hands
5 - Chance Waters - Young n Dumb (Feat. Bertie Blackman)
4 - Hermitude - Hyperparadise (Flume Remix)
3 - 360 - Run Alone
2 - Flume - Holdin On
1 - The Rubens - My Gun

What a diverse 10, dance, singer/songwriter, rock, indie & hip hop!  Awesome, for a full 20 countdown, tomorrow evening I will post a new chart for y'all.

In  the meantime Lisa Mitchell & Alpine rates 4 glossy all lead lady Aussie stars.

No comments: