Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Light the Night PLUS Song O the Day - Part ONE


So Light the Night is a great benefit and they have now raised over $300,000 for research.  You can go online and check out the full line up that performed last night and donate some cash to this great cause here, a BIG thanks to the biggest witch in Sydney Marcus for a little ticket to the show in my preferred row of seating, 5 rows from the front and in the centre.

I must say my highlight and the vocally strong performer was Tom Sharah, what a voice and his efforts on "I Will Survive" will conclude tonight in front of what I can only imagine is going to be a rather small audience.

Okay so in the search for the year's best 101 songs which I will publish on Boxing Day, I have found well I have a HUGE list to go through so to help me I am going to each day until Boxing Day BLOG about one epic song of the year which may make my list.

I already did a big list pre my July Holiday so the below songs are out of the running for this list but well in the running for the BIG Boxing Day list:

Skrillex - Bangarang

Sleigh Bells - Comeback Kid
M.I.A - Bad Girls
Hermitude - Hyperparadise
Xavier Rudd - Follow The Sun
Parachute Youth - Can't Get Better Than This
Gossling - Wild Love
Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons
Bleeding Knees Club - Nothing To Do
Last Dinosaurs - Andy
Friends - Friend Crush
Rufus - This Summer
N'FA - March On
Twinsy - Water Bombs
NAS - The Don
Hilltop Hoods - Speaking In Tongues
Azealia Banks - 212 (ft. Lazy Jay)
Lisa Mitchell - Spiritus
Best Coast - The Only Place
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Tapes & Money
Kimbra/Mark Foster/A-TRAK - Warrior
Dr Don Don - Good Thing (Ft. Amali Ward)
DZ Deathrays - No Sleep
Mat McHugh - Go Don't Stop
Santigold - Pirate In The Water
Chasm - Soldier And A Thinker (Ft. Hau & Blak Twang)
Illy - Heard It All
Romy - Home
Kate Miller Heidke - Sarah
Sky'High - Let's Just
Julia Stone - Let's Forget All The Things We Say
Missy Higgins - Everyone's Waiting
Major Lazer - Get Free (feat. Amber of Dirty Projectors)
Yung Warriors - Standing Strong
Lana Del Ray - Born to Die
Cheryl - Call My Name
Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way (freedom Ain't Free)
Wiley - I'm Skankin'
The Rubens - Don't Ever Want To Be Found
Hot Chip - Night And Day
Urthboy - Naive Bravado
Rudimental - Feel The Love
Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Calvin Harris Remix)
Jonathan Boulet - This Song Is Called Ragged
The Presets - Youth in Trouble
Little Boots - Headphones
Electric Guest - This Head I Hold
Bertie Blackman - Mercy Killer
Charli XCX - You're the One
Friends – Mind Control
Azealia Banks - Liquorice 
Best Coast - Why I Cry
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Household Goods
Kate Miller Heidke - Humiliation
Missy Higgins - Cooling of the Embers
Seth Sentry - Float Away

So some of those songs might not make my 101 BEST of 2012 but here is one I think will, his album Channel Orange is oh so sublime, it's Frank Ocean and for Day One, let's head to the Pyramids:



It's an EPIC 9 minute wonder from the album "Channel Orange", this tune was released on the 7th of June 2012 and has since rocked my world BIG time.

I love Frank's album and there is no doubt he might get another tune on the list pre my BIG ass countdown on Boxing Day.  So please give the song a listen and let me know what you think of this epic rnb masterpiece.

No comments: