Sunday, October 28, 2012

@ the Movies 2012 - Dredd


Oh action movies, oh 2012 you love an action film and the more graphic and realistic the better this year.  Yes 2012 has showed us real comic book movies with realistic deaths, big fight scenes and big action.

Dredd is another comic book strip coming to life on the big screen and it actually isn't dreadful.  It's a big budget (around $45 million) flick with big action sequences, lots of special effects and a BIG make up department.

I choose this film for a chilled way to spend my Sunday, chilled?  Maybe not but fun yes, I felt as though I was back in my childhood playing my Sega Mega Drive but no I was at the local cinema lapping up a futuristic sci fi action picture.

2012 has continued to bring us bucket loads of action films so is this worth your hard earned cash for the price of a cinema ticket?  Yes and no, if you don't like gore, steer clear, if you like well shot and good looking films, this is for you.  In this over crowded genre you need to stand out and make your mark and I think this film does exactly that. 

Dredd rates a pass mark of 3 stars in America's less than bright future.

No comments: