Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Great Gadsby


Nah not the Baz Luhrmann film coming soon which has the fully sick Jay Z & Kanye West in the trailer, but Hannah Gadsby!

Hannah has a new show called "Hannah Wants a Wife", which is playing until this Sunday @ the Comedy Store. And hello the lovely Craig @ the Comedy Store.

Anyway onto the show, my second intake of comedy this week at this fine venue.  The Entertainment Quarter is a strange place it's kinda like unless Cirque is out there or there is an event @ the Hordern or Hi-Fi the place is a ghost town.  I like it for that very reason, no trouble getting a trouble @ one of the most likely struggling restaurants, no line for a take away coffee pre show. It's pretty chilled and the perfect place to check out some mid week humour.

Direct from the set of Adam Hills most recent show, Hannah comes on stage and shines.  It started a little slow but I realised after seeing a super pro like Wil on Sunday or earlier on the inform and seasoned Judith Lucy, it does take a while to warm up and once Hannah did, well.


After seeing a blah movie the night before this was just what I needed and no via the name of the show this had nothing to do with that damn dreadful Channel 9 show.  What is with bogans and reality television, thinking A) they will have a successful recording career (hello Altiyan Childs) B) a husband or wife or C) just prove to the nation and abroad you are a complete twat.

Anyway Hannah was kind of like wise art smart chick in your office who has a sharp tongue and is actually well educated something that I am pretty sure after this serve, you found Tony Abbott lacks.



This image is so wonderful, you can just see Tony going, great my wife now needs to hit up Sunrise and maybe have a highly influential chat with Kyle and Jackie O,  Chris Pyne on the other hand, pretty sure he is thinking about updating his grindr pic and profile.

So yeah Hannah is smart, well spoken, like Wil does some great impersonations, speaks the truth, speaks honestly about truly awkward experiences and really to me that is a talent, if you can make fun of the most awkward times in your life, your a top chick or a good bloke.

I have been to comedy where I forced myself to laugh as part of the whole, "I'm @ a comedy gig I think I'm meant to laugh", there was none of that tonight, Hannah was top shelf and you know with time may have her own ABC so, cause you know looking around her audience was pretty diverse, from the lesbian mafia to the gays (all coupled by the way) and the ladies who just liked to laugh and think I wonder what it would be like to go downtown.

Great fun night, 60 minutes in and out and I laughed and enjoyed Hannah's wicked slides.

Hannah Wants a Wife, well if I was a lady with short hair, I might well put my hand up, cause in a relationship and the hard times you need to laugh, and this lady who can lift 250KG with her legs, simply delightful.

I have hit the 5 star rating a bit lately and I need to keep good levels, so Hannah is still super solid with 4.5 lady killer stars.

No comments: