Friday, March 4, 2016

Bali Day One: Drunken Irish Lassies, Jetstar & a return to the Alila Seminyak


So I couldn't get enough of Bali last time I was stuck here whilst a volcano was spewing it's volcanic ash all over the place last October/November so it was time to start my March tour of our nearest neighbours Asia 2016.

I do love Bali but I don't love Jetstar as much as the national Indo carrier Garuda Indonesia and I love the riff raff (including my good cheap self) who travel on this airline, from the six drink Irish girls in front of me who ranged from playing with the kids in the row in front of them to screaming like banshee's across the cabin "fuck off Mary" and "Bridgy wake up it's time to murder a ciggie at the airport" to families with downright fucking annoying children.

Oh the Irish at least they can make you laugh, the kids on the other, ehhhhhhhhhh...

So we arrived after an interesting flight where the in flight entertainment was not free (by accident) like last time so I decided to re-watch the amazing HBO Game Change TV movie with the flawless Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin during the John McCain campaign. Oh America and now with Donald Trump and Hilary, it's another HBO movie in the making.

I also re-watched the finale of Making a Murderer as I am lucky enough to be see the doco makers and Charlie Pickering do an hour chat at Sydney's Star Event Centre. So excited for that and it's part of the Spectrum Now festival, a festival with programming that actually suits Sydneysiders, listen up Sydney Festival you may have a revival seeing as your insignificance is now at an all time high.

So Bali it is and waking up to the beautiful sounds of waves and the view (after a delightful upgrade for returning to the same property within 6 months) it's a dream come true. High terror alert my ass in Sunny Seminyak. This property is beautiful and I must say I am 100% glad to be missing Sydney Mardi Gras this weekend and the fights over how the lockout laws and these projected crowds will work.

Till tomorrow xoxo

No comments: