Sunday, March 27, 2016

Saigon x Vung Tau


Man South Vietnam and Central Vietnam are different, Central is luscious, peaceful and misty, almost mystical with it's greenery and low lying clouds and South Vietnam is busy, filled with scooters, street food and shopping malls. Today (or yesterday as this is retrospective) we finished up in Saigon and I had my first motorcycle experience (not the last that day) to get to our shuttle stop from Saigon to the Coastal town Vung Tau.

We had a good shuttle trip down after I had a super average foot massage. Honestly Sydney does have some of the best Thai massage shops in the world. And not being mean but the Thai's are the king of massage. And that happens to be my next stop...

After our shuttle arrived in the beach town of Vung Tau, home to Front, Back and Pineapple Beaches, we travelled down to front beach, with little mountain and big mountain on opposite sides, the ferry terminal in the background and loads of fishing boats out to sea.

Vung Tau was beautiful and being taken around by scooter at night I saw all the beaches and felt the wind literally in my growing hair.

After a late night Lychee Crush by the beach it was time to hit the hay after another long day of driving, exploring and finally more swimming. After a surprising cold start in Hong Kong and Central Vietnam, it has hardly been the warm start to the trip I was expecting.

What a fun way to spend Easter, I could hardly imagine being in Sydney, over here you would hardly know it's Easter, everything is totally business as usual, love it!

No comments: