Friday, March 25, 2016

Lang Co (Central Vietnam)


Our final full day in Central Vietnam was a really exciting day, after cancelling a trip to Hue and the forbidden city we stayed around the hotel in the morning and afternoon whilst in the middle of day along with two teens from Norway we assisted teaching local kids English.

It was one of the most rewarding and fun things I have ever done abroad. The kids were so grateful and adorable that it was easily the most memorable part of this trip thus far.

I will never lose the memory of us all sitting around in a circle singing "If You're Happy And You Know It", fucking cute!

I also got my bike skills back, yes I rode a bike a few times around our lovely hotel ahead of their full moon cocktail reception party. Instead of drinking I found myself compelled to do a crafternoon and make a lantern. It was so fun and nowhere near as easy as it looks so next time you see some lanterns in a market stall, someone spent around 30 minutes to an hour depending on the detail on this item.

After finally having a swim today the weather in Central Vietnam was still rather chilly and the mountains looked beautiful covered in mist.

Tomorrow (or as I write this) it's time to check in with Saigon, my second last major city stop and my second last destination in Vietnam.

Bangkok is also on the way and the great news is today I booked 4D movie tickets to see Superman V Batman, so excited!!!

Enjoy you're Good Fridays xo

No comments: