Sunday, May 3, 2020

#COVID-19-BINGE-FEST - Sex Education (Season 1)


British series Sex Education along with Spanish series Elite, has reignited my interest in Netflix. The first series of Sex Education is such an easy watch I think I was done in around 5 days. That viewing is on top of all the week to week shows I am watching at present.

According the Netflix the first season (back in 2019) had over 40 million views. The show is a hit. No only have I just dipped into the delicious second season. A third is on the way.



Starring Asa Butterfield and Gillian Anderson as (respectively) a socially awkward teenager and his mother, a sex therapist. Gillian Anderson is delicious in this role. Farewell the X Files! It's the Sex Files!

Ncuti Gatwa, Emma Mackey, Connor Swindells, Aimee Lou Wood and Kedar Williams-Stirling also star. Kedar Williams-Stirling is extremely good looking too. Not to mention he is not shy of wearing speedos in a number of episodes.

This along with Elite makes me want to come to dig deep into the back catalogue of Netflix hits. Maybe I have been too tough on the streaming giant. Yes they have had some flops, yes Thirteen Reasons Why should have ended already but these two shows are giving me hope in the giant.

I can't wait to watch the rest of season two and pray season three will land early 2021.

For your TV dance card, Netflix has just loaded Ryan Murphy's latest series Hollywood whilst Dead to Me's eagerly anticipated second season lands next week.

No comments: