Monday, October 26, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Another Sunday morning Movie Session, another gangster picture, this time it was time for a bit of Johnny Depp & BLACK MASS.



Now not long ago I saw the brilliant Legend with Tom Hardy so it was hard not to sit there in the dark and compare the two films, however Black Mass is pretty damn good as well.

It's been a great run of movies lately and with Bridge of Spies, Holding the Man (when the hell am I going to get to see this, shame on you Hoyts and Event Cinemas in the city for not showing this local release, shame) & Pan (jokes that movie looks all sorts of fucked up) all to see when I become a full time lady of leisure this Thursday. Heaven. That is not before I shoot off to Bali again, so gang look out for plenty of pictures and shit coming live and direct from Bali real soon.

But back to Black Mass, lead by Depp this also stars an Aussie killing it at present Mr Joel Edgerton, Benedict Cumberbatch, Kevin Bacon and a large number of great supporting actors.

Like Legend having an Aussie in the mix also made me proud, we are doing so well at present with all our actors killing it on TV or the big screen overseas, well done.

So it features all the violence of a season of Underbelly however less the quote of boobs and nudity.

I enjoyed seeing another true story unfold on the big screen for me to think man we have had some evil folk roam this Earth (and that's just the folk in Canberra in this fine brown land). Unlike the Cray brothers James "Whitey" Bulger was just plain evil. Depp played this well and was equally as creepy and unpredictable as the mad cray brother.

So I think I am done for gangster/crime films for a bit but this was an enjoyable Sunday film, much better than the paper thin Paranormal experience from yesterday. I am giving this Black Mass, 3.5 Black and mostly Evil Stars.

No comments: