Sunday, October 4, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


It's so nice to enjoy the long weekend and what else is nice for a change is to see a near perfect film, that film is THE MARTIAN.



So why near perfect, well the length is a wee bit long and some of the science talk lost me at times, but that said I bloody loved this film. No more negative it's all about the positives from here. Matt Damon is extremely washable and the cast is beyond brilliant. In Australia now the FAB Donald Glover (AKA Childish Gambino) was an adorable science nerd, Kate Mara was brilliant as always, Kristen Wiig had the easiest gig of all time just standing behind Jeff Daniels and getting emotional from time to time and Michael Pena is always wonderful.

The Martian is the best space film in years, I enjoyed Gravity with George & Sandra but this is a lot better.

The drama and the thrill just gets better and better. Every minute of this wonderful film. Ridley Scott is back to making hits after a few misses.

I usually don't buy into all the blockbuster bullshit but honestly sometimes sitting back and enjoying a well told story and seeing great actors having a blast in Mars is just too good for words.

I won't say another bad thing about this film aside from it's length which it actually did hold my attention for the large majority.

This is a killer blockbuster and a shame it came out at the tail end of the School Holidays as this would have been perfect for some of the high school kids on break.

I don't do this often but this is as good as it gets, 5 big fat space ass Stars. Now to the super sexy Donald Glover AKA Mr Childish Gambino, hope you killed it at Listen Out in Sydney yesterday...

No comments: