Friday, October 30, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


So cheap thrills come quick and fast in THE LAST WITCH HUNTER the latest Vin Diesel film, but sometimes you know you just need a check your head at the door film to ease yourself onto the unemployment couch.

Yes day one of me not getting up in the morning and hulling my ass into Surry Hills started yesterday and man I did well I saw 2 films (The Dressmaker review will be posted tomorrow AM), had lunch with a lovely friend, dinner with 2 more friends, a massage and managed to walk (by myself and at times with the dog) a grand total of 15.31KM. Thanks iPhone 6S whatever make I have.



Now back to my first movie of the day. I love a 10am session, it's always filled with single movie goers like me (single I mean solo viewers) and the odd random who laughs to loud, or makes too much noise, love it, it adds to the experience and atmosphere. And let me tell you anything external (not on the screen) adding to this film was a good thing.

Vin Diesel is looking a little over it, Michael Caine was a random selection for some old priest dude and Elijah Wood made a big screen return. And nice to see Elijah wearing a horrid skivvy at one point. Fuck I hated wearing skivvys as a child.

Anyway so the film is a basic action film (they kept the running time down which was brilliant) with a start, a clear finish and middle where the conflict was well established, mission put into place, cast members work together to catch/kill the said last witch queen.

So is it any good? Currently Hoyts are doing this great thing where they gave me a coupon for a $9 ticket, you use that and you gain another, so for $9 yes as this film would suck on a TV screen at home but if you haven't seen the likes of The Martian, Black Mass, Crimson Peak, Legend or the Walk yet, maybe give this a go.

The Last Witch Hunter it is about as average as the title of the film, 2.5 Stars. Happy Halloween (almost) xo

No comments: