Wednesday, November 11, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


The world knows I love a dance film, the readers of this BLOG now I love a dance so it was a no brainer that I was BORN TO DANCE and born to see this film.



I hadn't seen a Kiwi film since the brilliant Boy back in 2010 and loved that and I do love thy neighbour so again I equally loved this film. Unfortunately some of the songs used weren't brilliant (they could have taken some tracks from my Feature Album over on Flashing off the Record this week) but Scribe's Not Many was a great addition and a great point in this film.

Not only was the choreography brilliant but the coming of age/growing up themes explored were great. Going to Uni/joining the army/working or joining a dance crew - so many options so little time.

The routines and the whole ending at the dance comp were amazing. There was some real talented young dancers and Stan Walker was not half bad either. Showing that Australian Idol is the ONLY Australian singing reality show that has given contestants a decent future.

Jessica Mauboy - Slaying it
Guy Sebastain - Killing it
Lisa Mitchell - Always touring the UK and a hometown hit on JJJ airwaves
Matt Corby - Waiting for that monster debut album, but if his singles are anything to go off, it's gonna be huge!
Rob Mills - Musical theatre leading man, main role in Ghost the Musical in 2016
Dean Geyer - US TV star
Courtney Act - World famous gender illusionist

So there you have you, well done Stan and well done to young Tia Maipi, a great new talent, very good looking, great dancer and his character was brilliant, kind, caring, compassionate and sweet.

Some reviewers will pick some of the script to bits but it's a dance film, sit back and enjoy the brilliance of this great young cast. I was extremely impressed for completely different reasons to the above mention Boy film. This is easily a 4 Star film and as good as (if not better) than any of the Step Up films.

No comments: