Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Isn't blogging a funny thing, a positive post and then BOOM, I am stuck in Bali


Only yesterday I praised Jetstar for not being as shit as I had imagined they would be, and then that afternoon whilst sitting at lunch we got a text, flights cancelled due to Volcanic Ash Cloud. Ok.

So it is a natural disaster thing being on the next island (Lombok) and really why do I need to rush back to Sydney as I enter my first full week on the unemployment couch (and basically loving it secretly - hello Bali + Travel Insurance covering an extra longer than anticipated break + NICE), why rush home???

So maybe I actually owe Jetstar two props, one for a nice flight over, two for the extended break opportunity. However travel Insurance will just cover the proposed return home next Tuesday part. So fingers crossed all will be ok by then or then it's straight into the old savings account.

I have to say though from weather reports back in Sydney and missing that fucking god awful bogan fest that is the Melbourne Cup, I could pretty much safety say I am happier being abroad right now. Not that I am the only Aussie here, one in the reception yesterday was meant to be on the same flight as us and was a little more concerned about the situation.

"It's just not fucking good enough, Jetstar can stick their fucking Jetstar vouchers up there ass I just want to go home".

I do love Australians their really is no mistaking that this young lady just wanted to head back home for some Biggest Loser Families action.

Oh Aussies we are almost as bad (if not worse) than American travellers. We are loud, generally pissed, having fucking horrific tattoos (I mean I thought I saw some shockers in Sydney but at the water park in Kuta - man o man, these were god awful), swear like troopers, treat the locals like second class citizens and have this expectation about what is good enough and what is just not on.

I mean you pay next to nothing to fly Jetstar and then you blast poor lady (usually with a stripper name like Angel or Candy) at the call centre in Manila and you complain, make threats and then think, well I did a lot of good just then, wrong - Jetstar don't care about no Volcano, Jetstar just care about cheap flights and if they arrive/depart when they are meant to ok, if not whatever.

So all that said I may be home next Wednesday AM or it could be a longer wait. Right now I am actually not to worried which scares even me but at the end of the day, what can one do. I can enjoy the beautiful people, sun, food and lifestyle lived in this beautiful country so close to my own.

No comments: