Monday, November 16, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Where do I start with SPECTRE? According to one of my favourite film reviewers Marc Fennell it's a RED HOT MESS and I tend to agree.



Look it's smashing it at the box office, Sam Smith's opening track is not half bad, it ticks all the boxes:

1. Big opening scene
2. Car chase scene, oh hold on, let's up the anti let's have two, one includes a helicopter
3. Hot YOUNGER girl for Daniel Craig
4. Tom Ford suits at all times
5. Big action scenes, yes
6. Overly long, HELL YES

So it's like a quick run sheet, have big opening in a foreign country, queue big song by mega star, throw in a bit of a plot, queue car chase one, bring out the Tom Ford suits, some action, a bit of resolution, conflict with the spy agency and so on and so on. After seeing SPY the brilliant piss take James Bond film it's hard to go back to this, it felt extremely average in comparison to some other action franchises and even the piss take film Spy.

Daniel Craig is over the James Bond thing and at 33 I have to say I am a bit the same. It's predictable, slightly dull and way too long. The plot is thin, the love interest seems way too long for Craig how looks at times tired and like he slept with a fork pressed against his face.

I am being harsh on this film only because the hype has built this film up to something it's sadly not. It's not great, it's not groundbreaking it's just another Bond film in a long list of Bond films that have come before it.

Spectre rates a pass mark of 2.5 Stars for the flashy action scenes and snazzy suits. I am not a suit man but I do enjoy a good suit on a handsome (slightly) older gentleman.

No comments: