Sunday, November 29, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


The trailer for this movie so tells a different story than what the actual LOVE THE COOPERS film is.



I went in with little to no expectations, but leaving extremely happy. I saw this film ahead of some brilliant local live music so it really set the mood.

I have to say a big ups to the fabulous June Squibb, as Aunt Fishy she was just simply fab. She is in amongst an all star cast John Goodman, Diane Keaton, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Marisa Tomei (currently playing a sassy lesbian on Empire) and more.

Large ensemble casts sometimes work and sometimes they don't, this one however for all it's jumping around from plot to plot point all comes together nicely at the end. Excluding Seyfried which was still a bit random.

That said the whole film is random and Christmas films tend to give me the irrates however this was pleasantly surprising and also at times laugh out old funny.

Love the Coopers fell flat with some of the audience members (young and old) I saw this with, a lady in her 50's next to me was like an 18-25 year old constantly on her phone.

That said me personally this was a good honest look at families and the pressures Christmas puts on the family unit. The expectations that are not meet and the drama in the lead up to the big day. All that lead up for what? Average food and too much of it.

Therefore Love the Coopers in the lead up to one of the most irritating times of the year (next to Easter and Halloween) rates 3.5 Family (not) so Friendly Stars.

No comments: