Tuesday, November 17, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


I enjoy Russian/American spy shows like the Americans (returning early next year for Season 4) so it was not a stretch for me to enjoy BRIDGE OF SPIES.

The new Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg film is really great and such an inspiring true story about lawyer James B Donovan.



It's kinda a thriller/kinda a drama and the characters and acting are all great. Europe like now was complicated back then (around late 1950's/1960's) and the deal that Donovan (Hanks) struck was an inspiration. The end of the film also listed some of his further achievements.

I usually don't love Tom Hanks and never got the Forrest Gump thing but this movie was quality and after seeing a less than quality spy film (James Bond's latest Spectre) I was impressed to see a decent film on the big screen.

It's always great after seeing an average film to step into the cinema and find the reason why I love visiting the cinema so much, Bridge of Spies is an interesting tale from the past and one I am happy to now know more about.

Well done, 3 Stars.

No comments: