Saturday, November 21, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


So around this time last year I saw Part 1 and was reasonably impressed by felt it was an incomplete film experience, so now it's time for THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 2.



So if we are looking at Part I v Part II it's easy to say finally we get all the answers to the Hunger Games questions, and finally see the other half of the scene where Part I ends.

Also its sort of creepy seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman again on the big screen reprising his role as Plutarch Heavensbee. After passing away over a year ago, it feels strange seeing a man on the screen who seems so full of life and his partnership with Julianne Moore is like a masterclass in acting, those two cinema greats look terrific together.

Jennifer Lawrence is also terrific winding up this love triangle with Hemsworth & Hutcherson. Unlike the previous instalments there was no real Lorde inspired musical lead in which was strange as these teenage franchise rely heavily on this promotional vehicle to get the word on the streets about the new movie.

I have had a love/hate relationship with these films and I think this one is the first I have seen in 3D which was really not necessary. The last part annoyed me, the first part excited me and I can hardly remember the second one.

Overall I am happy to have seen this series through (it was a fuck load better than the Twilight series) and all on the big screen. The cinema really is still the best way to take in the latest movie release.

So how do I wrap up the final Mockingjay piece in the puzzle, well I gave the last instalment 3 Stars and this was slightly better, so for the all star cast, the killer action sequences and the resolution of the love triangle it rates a solid, straight down the line arrow shooting 3.5 Stars.

No comments: