Friday, November 20, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


What happens when you have such high expectations for a film, that mid way through you think, shit this is really not what the trailer told me. Unfortunately that is what happened in SECRET IN THEIR EYES.



Looks I didn't hate this film or anything but this is so the kind of film I loved like 10 years ago. The old school thriller with a twist you didn't think you saw coming but then again it was always gonna happen.

With an all star cast Kidman, Roberts and Ejiofor I expected the best for this film, however in some elements this film feel flat. Mainly when Nicole Kidman was involved. Unfortunately when someone's face doesn't move it's hard to show any emotion, nor expression. This is becoming a massive issue for Kidman in recent roles.

But it's not all bad, the tension built and the twists and turns are classic thriller with no thrills and no car chases. Don't get me wrong I mostly enjoyed this near 2 hour film however their is no new material here.

That said I left impressed by Julia Roberts as a mother of a dead child who tried to hold it together and Chiwetel Ejiofor was the king in this film and was in most scenes in this very film.

Secret in Their Eyes is a pretty good film and opening against Hunger Games may not be great but still I enjoyed this 3 thrilling Stars.

No comments: