Wednesday, November 25, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


First up Michael B Jordan is hot as fuck in CREED, the latest in the Rocky film series.

Yes Sylvester Stallone is back as Rocky Balboa, now before I move on I have to be honest I have NEVER seen a Rocky movie before, please don't hate me.

Now I think this makes me perfect to see this film ahead of it's release tomorrow. Firstly the first two Rocky films were released ahead of my birth, the third was released in 1982, the year of my birth and then I was just too young to witness the violence of boxing.

So let's check out the dreamy Michael B Jordan in this clip:



Creed is the usual boxing, redemption, big fight scene, a hot hook up and then some drama somewhere in between, however unlike Southpaw this was a much more enjoyable film.

Jake Gyllenhaal was great (and hot) however the film was totally missing something and after Million Dollar Baby, previous Rocky films and a long line of others was there really any need for a new angle and new boxing star? Or is there even a new angle to look at this sport? And I say sport loosely.

The sport and fitness in both these films this year is impressive, there are no Biggest Losers contenders here, just pure contenders.

So back to the film and not about boxing and film in general. Tessa Thompson was great as the love interest who was clearly modelled on FKA Twigs and her jams, Michael B Jordan is exceptional to look at and is a good hero however again like Southpaw did we need another look into Rocky's post fighting in the ring life?

Sport films can be good, but sometimes when a sport has been overdone it can feel like you are watching the same movie you watched a few years back. I did enjoy the film and honestly next to Southpaw it was amazing, therefore I give this a rock hard solid 3 Stars. Jordan's six pack alone gets one star - amazing.

No comments: