Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Face to Face with Sydney Theatre


Another night @ in a Sydney Theatre and another attempted suicide.  Really do all Sydney plays need to be about death and the acts leading up to death?

Is Sydney that much of a depressing city that all theatre programmers need to put on extremely depressing plays as part of their yearly seasons?

Now I have had my rant, the show itself was overly long, 1 hour 50 minutes straight through is good in a way.  It means no interval and an overdrawn out event.  However if the play is not engaging enough this 1 hour and 50 minutes can seem extremely LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG

Editing would have worked well on this play and the endless opening of lolly wrappers, people squirming all around me made me feel I was not alone worrying about washing building up at home and what I would dish myself up for lunch tomorrow.

In my final sentence it was nice to see a play @ STC and nice to see some solid acting, but the play itself just really wasn't my cup of tea.  2.5 Face to Face stars.

No comments: