Saturday, September 8, 2012

@ the Movies 2012 - Total Recall


Oh boy what a blockbuster!  The remake of the original Arnie sci fi flick is super slick, looks fantastic and really for me on a Friday night just what I needed some fantasy to escape the fact that Sydney really is becoming a strange place, but onto that later in this review.

So it's a remake, it's a big budget epic sci fi smash, it's really a sit back don't think just watch shit get shot up and blown up.  It's a bit political, it's a bit too unrealistic in parts i.e. 1,000 bullets being shot at the lead and all miss him bar maybe a little scrap here and there.  However on the lead Colin Farrell is just dreamy in this role.


Yeah we all remember him from that sex tape, all I can say is wow!

Okay so back to the movie and not the leads sex tape, I enjoyed it, it's a little long (especially with 25-30 minutes of ads/trailers/Hoyts promos/general filler shit before the actual film) but really I had a good time and that's the main thing.

It rates a fairly solid 3 sci fi stars and now to dinner afterwards and why if one chooses to have a later dinner in this city (Sydney) is everyone completely shit faced.

We entered a restaurant on Glebe Point Road, past all the juvenile kids on the street (they make the River Boys on Home & Away look like Play School hosts), entered a nice quiet Polish restaurant and it was on.  The table never to us kept saying how classy they were and then started on a racist rant, yes racism is classy you fuck sticks.

Not too mention every ten minutes they would all leave and the peace would return before they returned from smoking and then it was more shots, ehhhhhh so I have to pose the question to the Australian Christian Lobby, I a gay male who has had five runs this week, had two glasses (max) of wine, don't smoke or do drugs, am I less healthy than the overweight, smoking, binge drinking straight people next to me?

I think us gays care a little more about our health than the nations smokers.

Smoking Bogans



A gay



HMMMM to the Australian Christian Lobby, I think the answer is pretty obvious, but that's just me.

End of rant...

No comments: