Sunday, September 30, 2012

Long Weekend Bloggin' - PART THREE {On the Fringe w/ Keys to a Woman's Heart}


Jennifer Trijo has a simply stunning voice, not only is this important to this show but she is simply divine with her 17 piece band and with the crowd, talking her way through so truly lovely songs.

The second half of the show reduced me to tears in her touching tribute to a late great musical theatre star and her close friend.

Jennifer Trijo played Kim in the recent Australian tour version of Miss Saigon which is still my favourite musical and I can see why she was cast, she is truly fab.

I can't say enough good things about this performance it is heads and tails above anything else Sydney Fringe wise I have seen in the past three years.

I just wish artists like this got more recognition and people cared less about the latest reality TV star.  Hmmmm thinking about that Karise Eden's five minutes of fame really was just that huh?

Anyway a perfect way to spend the long weekend was listening to the voice of Jennifer Trijo belt out Whitney classics, Alicia Keys & her own tunes.  The girl can sing, play piano and is simply stunning.  Big love to this fringe performance, however I think you belong in a spotlight not the Fringe honey, yep I am doing it 5 amazing stars.

No comments: