Sunday, September 23, 2012

On the Finge w/ The International Jennifer Wong Book Tour


Long show titles & sweet ladies does this work for comedy in 2012?  After seeing the queen of lady style comedy Judith Lucy recently in one of the most polished comedy shows I have ever seen this was a very different look @ comedy.  Did I enjoy it though? Well yes and no.

Despite being heartbroken my Bunnies lost last night (however as the Celine Dijon song goes My Heart Will Go On) I can write a fairly encouraging review for this 31 year old comedian. 

The show itself and theme were a little loose and with some colourful language and some more shock factor Jennifer Wong could go from sweet and innocent to sweet, sexy and have some feisty factor that my hood rat and home girl Azealia Banks has.

The International Jennifer Wong Book Tour has promise, more promise is Jennifer Wong, a smart, Q&A friendly self confessed book and news nerd who I could see doing the Sydney Comedy Festival next year and with some fucks and cu&^s she could be a hit.  I mean imagine a stunning lady sweet and all wearing Newtown indie chic clothes and she calls Tony Abbott a cu%$ it's comedy gold right?

3 encouraging stars for Ms Wong.  And I don't mean Penny Wong my second favourite, sorry I am in love with Poh's Kitchen @ present!

No comments: