Thursday, September 20, 2012

On the Finge w/ THE MERGER


So the Sydney Fringe festival is back for another year.  After my last Fringe festival experience I was hopeful I would be more happy with the result from the last Fringe event I had attended.  The Merger did not disappoint, it was funny, current and a good tale of where Australia is in 2012.  It could have almost opened up a Q&A panel after the show.

The Merger is a one man show and that one man is Damian Callinan is he works the stage (room) very well by a little audience inclusion.  It felt to me it's part play part stand up.  As the stand up on the spot elements for me worked best in the first half.

It's an hour ten straight through and the second half really goes fast, my only concern was the start was a little slow, but it's a short enough work for this not to matter to much. 

The show is current and a good piece of Australian work, you can get along by jumping over here

The Merger rates a solid 3 stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely
picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical issues using this site, since
I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
I had been wondering if your web host is
OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective interesting
content. Make sure you update this again very soon.
Also see my website: Montana local directory