Monday, June 18, 2012

22 Days till holidays and another song that will make the records book from 2012


It's less than a month, it's getting time to pack my bags, I am starting to make lists of what I want to do and buy and I am into the homeward stretch of bringing you some killer new sounds that are shaping the year that is 2012. I have gone from Skrillex to Xavier Rudd, Gossling to Bleeding Knees Club and beyond.

How great is Kate Miller Heidke? That is not a rhetorical question, she just blows my mind, from first listen to her track "Space They Cannot Touch" from her debut EP all the way back in 2004. I love this woman and her voice, now THIS IS THE VOICE.

Kate Miller Heidke has released 3 full albums and multiple EP's now, she is established in the industry and featured in musicals (well if Jerry Springer the Musical can be considered a serious musical, featured on Q&A multiple times (much to Anthony Callea's disliking) and been featured on the end of year charts several times over.

The song I choose from her most recent release "Nightflight" is "Sarah", an album cut and a spooky tune. I love the haunting vocals, I love the way the track makes you feel like you know what Kate is feeling in the song.

I have placed the audio below for y'all to lap up on this Monday of a full working week!

22 DAYS TILL I VIEW THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS



Now if you want more, see the whole album below for you to get wrapped up in:



No video again today, hopefully tomorrow y'all!

No comments: