Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I learnt From the Diamond Jubilee Concert


Two nights, two nights of Channel 9 programming, I am about to eat my own toe nails, the Voice again showed us that like my below entry it is rare to find great staying power talent in these talent shows.  From Australian Idol Guy Sebastien has done well, Shannon Noll in the early days did as did Anthony Callea (well till he came out), but it's been Matt Corby and Lisa Mitchell who have built a following and moved forward to build a dedicated fan base.

Now to the Diamond Jubilee Concert, oh boy what a night of viewing only on the old Olympics network could you catch, Tom Jones, Kylie, Robbie Williams and more smash out a tune or two or event a melody.

So here's what I learnt:

1.  Robbie Williams had a nice haircut
2.  Will.i.Am intrigues me, Jessie J bores the tracksuit pant off me
3.  Some of JLS can dance and some can't
4.  Cheryl Cole needs to stick to her new dance numbers, that cover, well it bombed.
5.  Grace Jones looked wet, all over
6.  Ed Sheeran has nice blue eyes and a nice voice to boot
7.  Annie Lennox seemed to struggle through her tune
8.  Tom Jones, oh boy
9.  Kylie had amazing boy back up dancers, the ladies looked bored, her song choices for her medley were awesome and she actually did a good job.  All the Lovers is actually a good song now I have seen it live and seen it again on this dreamy night of television.

I then went to bed, the storm, the vision it was all a bit much.  I'm too old to stay up past 10pm and when you have a warm bed and a True Blood novel to smash, you know.

Anyway stay safe in the storm today Sydney siders, everyone else happy hump day and happy birthday jellybean Janine.  XXX

No comments: