Sunday, June 10, 2012

Missy Higgins - Returns LIVE




Yes 2012 a year of interesting music and comebacks, I have been sharing with you some of the biggest tunes of 2012 so far and I will continue to do so right up till my BIG holiday.  Missy Higgins hasn't featured yet cause to be honest I hadn't given The Ol' Razzle Dazzle much of a listen and I didn't really enjoy "Unashamed Desire" until tonight.

So it was a cold night and Missy Higgins has chosen the Seymour Centre to kick off her first tour in years.  Last time I saw Mistress Higgins was at the Sydney Entertainment Centre years ago and I mean I was front row, but that was a big space for a solo act to fill and choosing this venue and her set list was perfect!

So without anymore rubbish let's review the concert.  So if artists have a good collection of songs people know and love, you have to include these in your live show and Missy did this so well kicking off with "Secret" from "on a Clear Night", a personal favourite and then it begun, a night of remembering the old Missy and introducing the new Missy.

What I liked most about how this show unfolded was her delivery.  The old songs just kicked in and I instant got goosebumps and the new songs had a bit of an explanation about them and which family member liked them.  It as Missy said was kinda like being in her lounge room hearing her belt out the numbers, one after the other after the other.

Missy pumped through the old favourites, "Ten Days", "This Is How It Goes", "Where I Stood", "The Special Two" and more.  Listening to all these amazing songs reminded me that "The Sound of White" is one of the best Australian albums of all time.

Her new tunes came in and "Everyone's Waiting" will have to be the second single it's a clear winner, "Hello Hello" turned it up a bit for young Missy and "Cooling Of The Embers" about her deceased grandma almost brought tears to the audience and Missy.

I can't say anything bad about this event, no encore and closing with her smash "Scar" the evening was perfect, her live version of "Unashamed Desire" won me over and I will be adding it to my IPOD shuffle.

Missy Higgins, I wish you all the success you are one of this countries most talented singer songwriters and it's so great to have you back on the radio and live stage.

Missy does one more night @ the Seymour tonight before touring this great brown land.  Missy Higgin's this night was so special to me and could be my live music moment of 2012, 5 razzle dazzle stars won't do it, so I am going above and beyond for this one 5 and a half RAZZLE Mc DAZZLE stars.

RELATED AUDIO:







No comments: