Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hamlet - Last Night @ The Seymour Centre


I have never been a mega Shakespeare fan but I really enjoyed some Friday night old School Shakespeare done by a relatively new company - Sport for Jove.

The 100 minute straight through version of Hamlet was a real hit with the crowd, filled with Shakespeare fans, school students and theatre buffs alike.  The near full venue made for a nice evening of fine theatre.

The sets were minimal, the cast were great and the version (according to people I heard talking) was a great version of the Shakespeare classic.  I believe this is the first version of Hamlet I have seen I am sure I saw Macbeth as a school student but that was many moons ago.

Being a BIG week of theatre this week I actually enjoyed this more than the long "Death of a Saleman" and next week I am excited to say I will be seeing "The Mousetrap" which should be ready for review late next week.  Hamlet was a fun night out and a good time was had by the crowd which the leads interacted well with.

Hamlet rates an old school 3.5 stars for an enjoyable evening at the Theatre.

No comments: