Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Night @ the Theatre with theatre stars and industry types


Yes another Belvoir Street opening night rolls around this time and this time it's time for Death of a Salesman. There is a lot of hype for this play and some saying this is the play to save their awful season thus far. They pull out the big guns with Colin Friels and Genevieve Lemon as the leads and they do a great job. Colin is great but by the end you really hate his character (well I did, I mean he is just so desperate and so useless) but I mean some people may like him. Maybe it's a hetro male thing with his pride and the way he carries on, however Colin carries the character well and makes this watchable despite it being long.

The rest of the cast are also watchable and make for an enjoyable evening of theatre, I did however drift off a bit making me think a Saturday matinee would be more enjoyable.

This play is super famous and I think done well in direction by Simon Stone. The car on the stage is a little dull for the only piece of set so someone listed as a set designer is a bit rich, I want that job. Yes I'll have a car on stage and that is my set, look how fucking rad I am.

Oh it's art, it's theatre and it's enjoyable, Death of a Saleman rates 3 stars.
 

No comments: